Logic Information Systems is a retail industry-focused global provider of technology and business consulting services. We help our clients execute on their next generation data analytics, digital, omni-channel, and cloud journeys. We solve their most challenging technology and business problems in all business areas including merchandising, supply chain, marketing, customer experience and store operations using innovative ideas and cutting-edge solutions.
Founded in 1997, we are a global company with 750+ consultants serving 125+ customers in over 20 countries in North America, EMEA, LATAM, and APAC. We serve all retail segments including grocery and convenience, big box and department stores, and smaller footprint specialty retailers. Our customers include marquee global brands such as Staples, Ralph Lauren, Louis Vuitton, 7-Eleven, Belk, Express, Makro, and Renner.
Logic’s Analytics and Data Science practice is one of our four key Lines of Business (LOB). It makes up a sizeable part of our global business portfolio. Based on the larger industry trends and our current customer’s priorities, we expect this business to grow significantly over the coming years and, hence, are strategically invested in scaling both our sales and delivery capabilities. We deliver high-value and high-quality solutions that help retailers attain strategic insight into and operational optimization of product pricing, inventory placement, customer experience, marketing and promotions, etc. Our expertise in technology platforms is both wide and deep, utilizing some of the latest exciting innovations taking place in the AI/ML space, data visualization tools, and cloud-based structured and unstructured data management systems.
The Line of Business Leader is a seasoned all-rounder consulting business development executive who will be part of the leadership team at Logic. This is a global role with global responsibilities as it relates to all aspects of the Analytics and Data Science practice at Logic.
Thought Leadership: You are expected to reinforce Logic’s reputation as an industry thought leader by continuing to develop a deep understanding of the retail industry and to grasp retail data analytics in the context of global, economic, technology, and social trends.
- Design leading edge capabilities and processes and management approaches to help clients achieve greater efficiencies and adapt their analytical business models to industry changes
- Assist clients with industry shifts taking place within the competitive marketplace and evolving omnichannel fulfillment and experiences, proactively apply new analytics solutions to these areas.
- Develop omnichannel retail strategies through rigorous analysis to identify potential value creating repeatable opportunities, and create business cases and develop requirements to implement those strategies
- Be a thought-leader in retail data analytics marketplace.
- Lead strategic advisory engagements at Logic clients. Help shape their data analytics strategies to achieve their strategic, financial, and operational goals.
Team Leadership: You are a natural at building and bringing out the best in teams and actively engage in growing Logic’s industry reputation as a world-class company with world-class talent.
- Consultant Mentorship: Serve as a leader and mentor to consultants assigned to your practice, projects and clients. Groom junior consultants and advocate on behalf of high performers within the larger Logic organization.
- Consultant Performance Management: Provide feedback to help Logic’s employee performance appraisal and promotion process. Provide recognition when consultants perform well and constructive input when performance can be improved.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible for defining the strategic direction and objectives of the Analytics and Data Science practice at Logic globally. You will have the ultimate responsibility for identification, definition and development of Logic’s market offerings in this space that align with the overall strategy of the company. The LOB Leader will work with Logic’s executive leadership and senior management to develop yearly business objectives that will be measured and reviewed quarterly. Your financial measures will consist of top line revenue goals, contribution margin goals, and ultimately a P&L.
- Keep abreast of key technology platform and software solution providers in the marketplace and devise Logic’s strategy and POV with respect to those providers
- Identify and incubate strategic partners for Logic to invest in long-term joint go-to-market initiatives and relationships
Sales and Business Development
- Help the sales and client account teams develop and deliver business through trust and value-led relationships and promote Logic’s profile as a long-term trusted advisor.
- Gain thorough understanding of client needs during the sales cycle and provide pre-sales SME assistance to help close business.
- Actively work with the sales and client account teams to originate, qualify and close new opportunities. Actively participate in account planning activities.
- Serve as the custodian and author for sales collaterals, ROI calculators, estimating models, and other tools used in the sales process.
IP and Consulting Accelerators
- Responsible to develop, manage, and serve as the custodian of Logic’s IP, delivery methodology, and consulting accelerators.
- Responsible for strategically promoting Logic’s Analytics and Data Science offerings and capabilities globally.
- Collaborate closely with Logic’s marketing team on marketing activities including regular PR initiatives, trade show participations, and demand generation campaigns.
- Author or provide core content for Logic’s blogs, case studies, white papers, website content, and social media postings related to your LOB.
- Serve as Logic’s face while interfacing with industry councils, trade organizations, industry analysts, speaking engagements and trade publications.
- While you will not be directly responsible for client delivery of projects, you will be actively engaged in ensuring proper knowledge transfer and interpretation of our client commitments as an opportunity moves from sales and business development phase to delivery/execution phase.
Talent Development and Training
- Help Logic’s talent management team with capabilities and capacity planning based on business prospects and upcoming demands for skills in your LOB.
- Work with Logic’s talent management team to design training and recommend education programs for the consultants so that they can continue to refresh their skills and update their industry knowledge.
- Actively participate in the recruiting process for new talent.
- Minimum combined 10 years of professional experience in a consulting firm and/or a retail organization (managing merchandising, marketing, finance, supply chain, digital, analytics, etc. operations). Special consideration for cross-functional background.
- Client facing experience at the senior executive level with strong communications skills
- A proven track record of developing, selling (to clients or in-house stakeholders) and delivering complex, impactful client engagements or internal projects.
- Demonstrated experience in making strategic recommendations for process, organization, technology improvements.
- Experience working on multiple engagements and/or opportunities at the same time with multiple clients
- Minimum 4 years of consulting services experience
- Minimum 4 years of retail industry experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in driving insights using data analysis
- Bachelor’s degree