At Logic, we solve retail problems. What sets us apart is our approach: we apply a consumer-centric lens towards solving business problems through efficient retail systems integration, leading to a productive customer shopping experience. Take your talent and passion to a global organization at the forefront of retail, technology, and innovation. At Logic, we appreciate that you have worked hard for your degree. We invite you to discover how great you can be as you put your degree to work delivering tangible solutions to some of retail’s most complex problems. Join our retail technology team and you will team up with diverse, talented colleagues and leaders who support your success. Along the way, our industry leading training and development programs will assist you in developing your skills, as you build an extraordinary career in retail technology consulting.
As a new Java Developer, you will explore your professional passions and develop market leading skills that will enable you to thrive no matter what your future career path holds. Logic consultants combine technology, digital and business expertise to design and deliver end-to-end solutions that (keep our clients ahead of the competition?) It’s a very exciting place to be!
Your Role as a Logic Java Developer
There is never a typical day at Logic, but that’s why people love it here! As a new Java Developer, you’ll work alongside clients as you help them make a real difference to their customers: your friends, family and neighbors. You’ll work with them to identify their challenges and collaborate with your Logic colleagues to develop and craft solutions. You might spend your day:
- Gathering and analyzing requirements to develop systems using Java (or similar), SQL and different databases and striving yourself to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Experience with Java/J2EE development and object-oriented designs, inheritance and polymorphism.
- Experience with database and SQL (preferably Oracle).
- Store Exposure.
- Experience with Eclipse, XML, Desktop application development.
- Experience with Client Services.
Desirable requirements (but if you don’t know, no problem! You will have the opportunity to learn on your journey with us 😊:
- Oracle Xstore;
- English and Portuguese as a second language (Our company is global, although it is not a requirement for this position, ether English and Portuguese may open many doors in the future)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills: Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Teamwork: Gives and welcomes feedback; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Communication skills: Strong written and oral communication skills
- Judgment: Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism and Ethics: Treats all people with respect. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions, and follows through on commitments.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate resolution of complex technical challenges
At Logic, we hire the best people and help them become even better. You will quickly develop your technology skills and business acumen and build deep insights into the global retail environment in which our clients operate. Right from the start, you’ll receive world-class training, career counseling, mentoring and support to help you achieve professional success.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a technology related field