It’s a challenge we see frequently in the retail space: A women’s fashion retailer with 400 stores and an ecommerce website is struggling with systems that fit their business perfectly 5 or 10 years ago. But with the emergence of omnichannel and as their business evolved over time, they found that these existing solutions no longer completely meet their needs.
What comes next is no surprise: As a manual workaround, the fashion brand began using Excel spreadsheets to get around challenges in planning their product assortments. This in turn created many other difficulties:
- The assortment planning process was not unified. With multiple sources of information, it was challenging to know which version of the plan was accurate.
- It made tracking and measuring results significantly more difficult.
- The head office team was performing duplicate entry within two separate systems, adding to their workload.
Fortunately, this apparel retailer has a strong partnership with Logic. We recognized that an upgrade to Oracle Retail Assortment Planning v16 would help address these challenges and offer additional benefits through new functionality and improved integrations.
With AP v16, including enhanced capabilities developed by Logic, this women’s fashion retailer has found significant improvements, including:
- Simplified and streamlined business processes
- A standard for their assortment plan
- Greatly reduced workload for their Assortment Planning team.
- With a more structured plan, and it’s possible to track their results
Achieving success with Logic’s Accelerated Implementation approach.
Logic offers retailers an Accelerated Implementation option for retailers looking for a more cost-effective approach and rapid value. By rolling out Oracle Retail Assortment Planning v16 Pre-Season Planning first, our client was up and running quickly with the features they needed most. As the team settles in to their new planning processes and system, a second project phase to deliver In-Season Planning and other advanced functionalities is underway.
Through Logic Managed Services, we’ll continue to support the fashion retailer with ongoing and incremental improvements as business needs change. As for what’s next, possible future projects to add more advanced features are under consideration, such as Capacity and Customer Segment-Driven Assortments.